Tuesday, August 4, 2009

on the road......


the ohio river

downtown louisville ( this the big tall dark building is the one jeremy works in)

the candy museum

an old fashioned vending machine ( still works- you can get a toostie roll for a nickel)

the awesome super fun owners of the candy shop (Also our tour guide)

Water front park










Sorry in advance these pictures are not in order! Last Thursday we left for Kentucky. Its about a 23 hour drive from Utah to Kentucky! We had 3 adults and 7 children all in 2 vehicles! Crazy drive but the kids were surprisingly very vejavascript:void(0)ry well behaved, We arrived in Kentucky at about 3:00 am on saturday night. It has been alot of fun. I have never been farther east than wyoming so its a big deal for me. We went through Wyoming, Nebraska, Missouri, Illonois, Iowa, Indiana and got to see the Missouri, Mississippi and Ohio rivers I also got to see the arch ( the gateway to the west) in St. Louis which was amazing, they were doing fireworks for the cardinals game as we past! Yesterday we went to the waterfront park in louisvile which is along the Ohio river. Then we crossed over to Indiana and went to a really fun candy shop called Schimpffs confectionery. they did a demo on how to make red hots and then let us sample the goods! It has been a very fun trip but I am definately missing my hubby and home! Today we were supposed to go to the zoo or louisville slugger museum but Louisville has completely flooded over so I guess we will be saving that trip for another day!

5 comments:

Rikki said...

Looks like tons of fun! I'm excited for you to get to leave Utah!

the5johnsons said...

Ash, Looks like you are having so much fun. I sure miss you guys though. Have some more fun and be careful and i will see you in a week.

Kate said...

Why didn't you tell me you updated!?! I always nag you when I update, but maybe that is because I only do it every few months! lol ;)

GREAT pics... I love the Candy tour guides... so funny!! You captured some fun pictures! I can't wait to see more!

Miss you and can't wait for you to be back in old Utah!

Kari said...

How fun!

Shelly said...

It looks like your having fun. Hurry back we miss you guys.