Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nauvoo

the beautiful Nauvoo Temple at night.
this picture was taken of Nauvoo Temple from the bottom of the hill. It is truly one of the most beautiful of Temples
Tanner and Alexa playing on a horse at pioneer pastimes in Nauvoo
the kids petting an oxen right before their Oxen ride
Brigham Youngs nauvoo home
The kids making a rope in the family center
The kids and I on an Oxen ride

On our ride home from Kentucky Carol, took us up through Nauvoo. Nauvoo (city beautiful) and boy is it beautiful, the church has done an amazing job, restoring and maintaining it, the tours were great and the history priceless. I think my favorite home was the home of Heber C Kimball, I loved the railing and the outside as well as the inside of the home. My favorite story told there was in Wilford Woodruffs home about why he had a fireplace in every room ( because he was so cold on his mission in england.) I was a little bummed that we didnt get to go into Joseph's home and hotel it is owned by the other church but we did get to into his red brick store and see where the Relief Society was organized. I loved Nauvoo and could really have stayed forever unfortunately the kids got a little bored so we headed over to pioneer pastimes where the kids got to play some fun pioneer games, they also got to make their own rope and go on an oxen ride. It was a good opportunity and alot of fun and I am so thankful for the sacrafices madeby our pioneers!

2 comments:

Kate said...

What fun pictures Ash... That had to be quite so trip! It looked like all had a overall great time! That long road trip had to be worth seeing all those wonderful church historical sites... very cool, I'm jealous!

Again, I love all the pictures... you have some funny ones!! hehe

I'm glad you had a good time, but I'm happy you are back home in good ole' Utah!! I sure did miss you and all your nagging, which you really have been laid back on! You need to pull out your ruler and nag me to get some more work done, I've been way too lazy lately!!

Rikki said...

how awesome!