Sunday, August 25, 2013

Top of Utah Half Marathon

I did it! 13.1 miles and it wasn't that bad! Actually it was a lot of fun! I met a girl named Ashley and we ran the first 8 together, she made it a lot of fun ( we told jokes and cheered at every mile mark). Mile 11 got harder, I had twisted my foot and was ready to just be done, the last 1/2 mile seemed to drag on and I swear that finish line kept moving further back, by the last 300 or so meters I got a surge of adrenaline (probably because I held back to much at the beginning) and was able to finish strong. Originally I thought this would suck and I wouldn't want to do another, but I am actually excited to sign up for another one.

 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness...I am so excited and proud. You are my hero. Jer has me running again, but I'm not sure if I will ever be able to do a half. I told him my goal is to get one of those stickers for my car that says 13.1 but I guess I have to earn it first:)