Thursday, June 17, 2010

Moab Utah-Arches National Park


This picture is for you Kate!!! lol!


The kids climbing the rocks by Sand-dune Arch!


The kids climbing trees in the picnic area!


A closer view of Delicate Arch! Those little dots are people! See I told you it was huge! lol!


Some more of delicate Arch!


If you look in the background you can see Delicate Arch. It looks tiny in this picture but its really quite huge!

Len explained that these were trail markers, a man up there also called them Karins. The kids loved looking at the different Karins, We especially thought this one was creative!

Sanddune Arch was especially fun for the kids, they loved playing in the sand and climbing the rocks.

Tanner was not going to be left out. He started climbing everything. Matt decided to let him climb this little mountain during lunchtime.

He got pretty high up and my nerves were shot so I made Matt and them climb back down, however coming down is not as easy so I had to climb up and help get him down!


the kids hiking up into the Double Arch

Double Arch hike


Double Arch and cove of caves


No camping trip with boys would be the same without at least 1 stick fight!


Hiya! The kids Karate chopping the rock!


the little guys chillin' from the parkway hike

Parkway hike



Last Thursday, Our family along with My parents, My sisters family and Matt's Dad all went down to Moab,Ut. Thursday it took pretty much the whole day to pack and drive, so we prety much just ate dinner and set up camp while the kids played. Matt brought a few of his Rc cars and let the kids play with them. Friday we decided to head over to Arches National Park and do some hiking. I was completely amazed with the scenery, the hikes were fun, the kids were troopers and the weather was great (except for a little rain). I had so much fun there. We were a little bummed it started pouring just as were about to get out to view Delicate Arch. so we had to skip it. The campground we stayed at had a miniature golf course and that night we went out to play some mini golf. On Saturday I woke up with a horrible headache and Nasty sore throat, upon Kellies recommendation Matt and I headed out to find a clinic. a little tip to all of you planning on going to Moab, DO NOT GET SICK OR HURT there medical care is ridiculous. We first went to a clinic and found out it was closed then we set out to a hospital. which I didnt want to pay the out of network insurance copay of $150 bucks for a sore throat. I decided to tough it out and get some lozenges and sudafed. As we were leaving the store we saw a sign for a FREE clinic. considering that options were limited we thought we'd give it a try. The people were friendly and the doctor was really nice. The result Strep throat. After all that hassle we went back and got packed up for some mountain biking. We went up to Dead Horse state park where they have some fun new family friendly trails. About 30 minutes into our ride, the rain, lightning, and hail sent us back to camp. a little disappointing. Sunday we headed back home but not before heading back to Arches for a view of Delicate Arch. It was amazing. much more amazing than any pictures go do it justice! Moab is probably the coolest place Ive ever been, Matt and I plan to go back once a year and hopefully add river rafting and rock crawling to our to do list!

4 comments:

Kari said...

How fun! I want to go to Moab!

Kate said...

Awesome pics Ash... look like you had a wonderful time. Makes me want to see it in person now!

LOVE the Rincon t-shirt!

the5johnsons said...

It was so fun. I can't wait to plan something great for next year!

the5johnsons said...

Kate, got the Rincon shirt at Old Navy.