Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Americans
Today many are celebrating the inauguration of President Obama. I cant say that I am excited for the new president, in fact Im scared, I remember my parents reactions when president clinton won. I was a child at the time and didn't realize why it was such a big deal. Now after seeing the effects of President Clintons demoralization of our country I am beginning to understand the fear my parents had. I have spent the last 8 years under President Bushes protection and now a new fear has crept up on me. Americans chose the popular choice a celebrity, a sweet talking somewhat goodlooking, black man who oiled his way into Americans hearts by telling lies and feeding on the ignorant and lazy. Americans Why have you not done your homework. Today I fear for this man, but I accept that I have no option but acceptance and so today I accept that for the next 4 years I will have to fight to instill morals in my children, I will have to fight to teach my children to keep marriage sacrad (between man and woman) I will have to fight to teach my children about Heavenly father, I will have to fight to teach my children to become better than my generation, I will fight to teach my children about their rights to bear arms, I will fight to teach them that war is sometimes the only way to ensure freedom, I will fight to teach them to be independent and not dependent on our government. I fight to teach them to rise up and stand up for what they believe to choose their leaders wisely, not by the color of thier skin, or how smoothly they talk or how goodlooking they are. I will fight to teach them my values. Today I fight, because Satan fights and I have to choice but to fight. As Americans may we join together and fight for what we really NEED as a country, Let us all begin with prayer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ashley,
I admire you... We are definitely praying a little harder than usual for America tonight...
On the bright side, it puts us a bit closer to the Savior's coming.... so in a way isn't it a blessing??? The world is already scary... maybe it is just expediting the coming of the Savior??? I don't know? But, if it motivates us to teach our children well, then it just might be a blessing in disguise. I know, I am sometimes "TOO POLLYANNA"
:). I respect what you have to say, and I am glad you respected what I had to say. I actually voted for Bush in his 2nd term. However, he hasn't been the greatest president in my opinion. The only reason I voted for him in his second term is because initially I thought the way he handled 9/11 was great. But the in the last 4 years my admiration for the man went down the drain. I think Obama will get this country back on track. If he doesn't then I will regret my decision of voting for him! I want this economy to get better, and I believe he will help us get it back on track. I guess we just have to see.
:). I think it's stupid to get in a debate and people get butt hurt :). I respect others opinions even if I don't agree with them. McCain would have had a better chance of beating Obama had Bush not screwed it up for him! My vote in the scheme of things didn't matter. I can still be LDS and be democrat. I may not believe in EVERYTHING with the democratic party but the same can be said about me not believing EVERYTHING the republican party is about. My guy friend Jake at work told me I voted for the "Anti-Christ" and I think that is a bunch of BS. I think Obama is far from that! :).
Ashley
No, bangs are not hard to maintain. I just trim them while I am doing their hair. Just cut them, and if you don't like them, let them grow out. My best tip would be to blow dry them when they are wet. They can sometimes dry funny depending on their hairline. Some people don't like them, my girls have gone back and forth. I love them though.
Post a Comment