Friday, January 30, 2009

New law!

Seriously, As most of you know there is a new law going into effect on February 10, 2009. This law in my opinion is seriously flawed. The law is going to make it illegal to sell childrens items unless they have undergone expensive lead testing, Some clarification for everyone (this will not affect used items)CLICK HERE to see the clarification. Anyways this law will be throwing thousands of people out of business. Moms who stay home and make homemade childrens items will be doing it illegally under the new law. Im not sure how this will effect buying and selling new toys and clothes on ebay, but I can tell you the price of toys will be going up considerably because companies will have to pay to have their toys tested. I am against this law, for several reasons: the biggest being, that I am against big government, I think they should give maufacturers the option, if maufacturers comply they should be able to put the lable on certifying that its lead-free. If the maufacturer opts not to test then no then no label should be issued. Let the consumers decide if they want to risk purchasing a toy that has been tested.Really government is there any aspect of our lives you wont interfere in. Hey Government I need to use the bathroom do I need permission to do that now too.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Is this a national law?

Ashley Rv said...

Yes unfortunately this is a national law! I do to some degree understand why they did it but I believe they should pass the responsiblity on to the manufacterers so that we as consumers can decide whether or not to purchase something thats been tested or not!

Shuman X Seven said...

The thing I don't like is now you can't make home made toys and sell them.... OH NO!!! Some child is going to die from playing with Raggedy Ann!! Seriously!! What are they going to govern next?